Attorney at Law
Teresa’s practice focuses on helping her clients do business, advocate for their interests, and resolve conflict in a creative, efficient manner. A practicing attorney since 1997, Teresa provides comprehensive business advice to her clients in connection with a host of issues, including profit and non-profit corporate formation, financing, commercial real estate, contracts, and risk management. Teresa also has substantial experience advocating for her clients in court and before administrative agencies.
As a result of her broad experience, Teresa can help her clients view their challenges through a wide lens, so they can see the best and most cost-effective approaches to their issues. Clients and colleagues routinely seek her out for the perspective she brings to the table, including the ability to distill problems to their essence, no matter how complex or emotionally tangled. These skills also make her an effective mediator.
Teresa lives with her family in Hallowell and enjoys being an active part of the community. When not practicing law, Teresa produces work as a ceramic artist and spends as much time as she can enjoying the area’s outdoor resources, whether by foot, ski, snowshoe, bike, or kayak.
- Yale University, B.A., Ethics, Politics, and Economics (1993)
- University of Maine School of Law, J.D., cum laude (1996)
- Law Clerk to the Hon. Daniel E. Wathen of the Maine Supreme Judicial Court (1996-1997)
- Admitted to: U.S. District Court for the District of Maine including the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Maine, U.S. First District Court of Appeals, U.S. Supreme Court, and all courts in the state of Maine.
- Hallowell Zoning Board of Appeals (2016 to present)
- Board Member/ Treasurer, Equality Maine
- Appointed Chair of the Grievance Commission (2020- present) and Chair of Panel D of the Grievance Commission (2019- present), Maine Board of Overseers of the Bar
- Member, Gignoux Inn of Court, 2014-2020
- Governor, Kennebec County Region, Board of Governors, Maine State Bar Association